As London continues on into lockdown, I am happy to report that I have continued on with my fancy breakfasts, and even tried to venture into the fancy lunch arena (although not quite as picturesque as my breakfasts). Therefore, I thought it would be a good idea to share the recipe to my easiest breakfast to date; my French toast, with honey and icing sugar.
2 slices of bread – this can be any type of bread, I prefer to use bread with raisins in it as it adds a natural sweetness.
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of nutmeg
1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- Slice each bread diagonally through the centre, creating triangles.
- Crack one egg into a bowl, add the cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix until the ingredients are fully stirred in.
- Add the oil into a frying pan and let it heat up for one minute.
- Immerse each individual triangle of bread into the egg mixture before placing it into the frying pan.
- Flip the bread over once one side is brown to begin cooking the other side.
- Once all the bread is cooked, place on a serving dish, drizzle some honey on the French toast and use a sieve to add a light coat of icing sugar.
And there you have it, easy French toast for breakfast in isolation.
Thank you for reading.