So it has been just over a week since I began my social distancing and working from home. This means that I’ve been mostly indoors, except for the occasional grocery shopping trip. It has been an interesting week, so I thought I’d share my highlights, lowlights, and things I’m looking forward to in week 2 of social distancing.
- Discovering Netflix Party – I absolutely loved watching netflix with my friends and debating over which movie was better.
- Another highlight is my rekindled love for yoga. I forgot how much I love yoga, and how amazing it is to focus on mindfulness.
- The best highlight has been my breakfast. I can finally spend hours making instagram-able breakfasts that taste so good. From poached eggs, to french toast to crepes. It has been a great week of breakfasts for me.
- In my attempt to beat boredom, I have jam-packed my days to a point that I can only go to bed at midnight after completing all of my to-do lists. This is something I will not be taking forward to week 2, there will 100% be less items on my to-do list.
- It has been very easy for me to get distracted whilst working from home. My productivity is not what it used to be and this is something I need to get back on track. Working from my desk today instead of my bed has made a difference.
- Another downfall has been my phone usage. I find myself constantly reaching out for my phone, to a point where I had to move it to the opposite end of the room just to concentrate.
What I’m looking foward to in week 2:
- More awesome breakfasts, and to finally do some baking.
- Continuing on with my yoga.
- Going to bed by 10pm.
- More video calls with the people I love.
Thank you for reading.